How my guitar playing coming on.

wingman23
wingman23
03/21/2012 3:02 am
Just wondered how my playing is coming along now, ive been listening to advice trying to play softer with loud phrases mixed in to give it more feeling and so on, please bare in mind i dont play fast and have only been playing about 6 months or so..
Oh and apologies for the sunglasses, im not a Pratt ive got an eye infection and it doesn't look nice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajoBRmroxYs&
# 1
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
03/22/2012 6:49 pm
You've got a really nice style going there... good phrasing and you're letting your soloing breathe. The only to comments I would have is that the mix was a little muddy, and while you used the delay really well, at times it muddied up things just a tad. Neither has anything to do with your playing though, which sounds great. Not sure what your amp setup is, but for what its worth, if you're going through a really nice tube amp that has great tone, you may find yourself backing off the effects a little. But take that with a grain of salt, because I use lots of delay with my playing too. Nice job! (nice backing track too!).
# 2
wingman23
wingman23
03/23/2012 3:44 am
thanks for the comment, much appreciated. i must admit i did have my delay set a bit high with it being such a slow soft backing track,dont usually have it that much full on to be honest, but it was nice to play with the bounce echo (whatever you call it)
Im only playing through a Cube 20xl which is cheap compared to other amps ive seen, although it does sound nice for what my experience is of them.
the backing track was just one i was playing straight from youtube.
This is it if anybody wants a go at it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g1ph6GkCoI&feature=related
# 3
Jahan Honma
Jahan Honma
03/28/2012 11:46 pm
Oh my god! It's perfect. HAHAHA! I LOVE the way you move and make faces while you play that slow soulful solo. You are a guitarist!
Listen to FREE MUSIC from The Legendary Zoltan RIGHT HERE

FaceBook | Twitter | Website | YouTube
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.