Line6 GuitarPort

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/30/2002 3:19 am
My brother sent me a link to this review. Has anybody here tried this box? I'd like to see some comments, because I'm thinking this may be worth getting.

[Edited by Lordathestrings on 03-31-2002 at 01:10 AM]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/02/2002 4:17 pm
I've read up on it and I like it. Just you have to suscribe to guitarport.com to get the full effect. It automatically gives your ax the tone of any song they have in thier archive which to is good because you feel better about playing when you sound exactly like the greats. They have tab and back up music that you can play with. I'd say its worth buying if you want to use the sound Hendrix uses on Purple Haze
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
# 2
Bardsley
Bardsley
04/03/2002 1:57 am
It's an interesting concept. I'd always be a little sceptical though. I'd be interested to hear form anyone who's tried it, and see how it works out for them.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
04/03/2002 10:26 am
Originally posted by magicninja
It automatically gives your ax the tone of any song they have in thier archive which to is good because you feel better about playing when you sound exactly like the greats.

You think so?

hmm.. i would rather prefer to have a very unique tone that is typical for ME than sounding like someone else. There are enough clones out there already.

-=[Azrael]=-

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/03/2002 7:12 pm
Originally posted by Azrael

You think so?

hmm.. i would rather prefer to have a very unique tone that is typical for ME than sounding like someone else. There are enough clones out there already.

-=[Azrael]=- [/B]

Its mostly for cover bands and that kinda thing. But I'm with you I'd rather be origional.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
# 5
catmanmat
catmanmat
04/22/2005 2:27 pm
Hey guys. i own one of these babes and im lovin it.
makes the crappiest players sound good.
But their is ONE MEGA HUGE BUMMER! :eek:
You HAVE to plug it into your computer
to get sound to come from your amp
this sucks for you giggers out their.
it does work with a laptop though.
Every gig i get now i have to bring my laptop.
SUCKS. But it is DEFINITLEY WORTH IT! :cool: Very cool.
# 6
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/22/2005 2:56 pm
I had one and sold it.

It was OK however you are tied to the computer and line6 pull there classic wheedle for as much moolah as they can, trying to sell you a subscription to the guitar port online services. The services are OK however I think they should be free to owners of the Guitar port.

If you buy a Podxt you get a guitar port for free and you can take it away from the computer and plug it into your guitar amp.

The sounds are nice but also limited by the sound card / speakers / headphones you have hooked up to your computer.

It is quite a cool learning tool however that also requires the whole on line subscription.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 7
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/22/2005 3:09 pm
I would go with the PODxt, because with it, you have access to anything related to guitarport, plus you can hook it up to whatever you want to rock through.

All the physical guitar port is, is a direct box that takes your guitar's signal and sends it to the computer via usb.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.