View post (How can you get fast?)

View thread

bofatron sofasaurus
bofatron sofasaurus
10/01/2000 7:27 pm
quote:
Originally posted by Luke:

I'm tired of little pop stars singing about things they've never experienced and in the process, clouding the publics eyes to actually TALENTED musicians.

And I REALLY hate it when people call someone
a "musician" just cause they have an instrument in they're hands. JUst cause you make a sound on an instrument, does that really make you a musician?

And this is not something that can go either way, that's just how it is , like it or not!

Well, you and I both don't like it, that's for sure, Luke. But let me ask you, let's pretend that all the fakers, poop stars, teeny boppers, and whatnot, did get out of the way of talented musicians, would the public then, in the absence of their former idols, then turn to the musicians with real talent? LOL, no way. They'd tune into somethng else innane and unsubstantial. The fact is that there is nothing standing in the way of real musicians other than the fact that the public doesn't give a hoot about real music or talent, skill, dedication, or anything else for that matter. The record co. knows this or they'd sell real music. So still there is no reason for Ricky Martin et al to get out of our way, because we'd still be nowhere. And that's the way it is, like it or not.;-)

I often wonder if Gatton finally came to this conclusion and just decided to end it all for that reason.

Shred Like Hell