Howdy all!

T_O_A_D
T_O_A_D
02/28/2012 12:47 am
I'm just getting involved with Music again, since HS.
I'm 46 so its been awhile.
I never learned an instrument, but sang instead in HS and church as a kid.
Haven't done either since then.
Till last Fall I got caught up in it again due a to a Friend passing from Cancer.
I felt the urge to sing him a farewell song. "My Old Freind"
So I borrowed some equipment, and commenced to figure out how to get a backing track, Audacity, the borrowed Microphone and Presonus USB box to all work together, and mix my vocals into the backing track.

I managed to get it done before he left us, so I was pleased with that.

Problem was I got the itch LOL and Friends and family have put pressure on me for more.

My signature has links where you can find it and more. (If your curious by now)

So for Christmas I purchased my own equipment and have commenced to learn how all over again after all these years.

I've forgotten so much, just reading music is a chore, and not knowing an instrument makes it even harder.

So after getting involved, I've come to the realization I must learn to play an instrument. Well I have inherited over the years My Grandads old Acoustic. He passed away before I was born in 1954 so its got some age. I had to repair some of it before I could string it, but it works now and sounds great in the right hands.
I also have Grandma's piano, I choose the Guitar to try first due to it being Mobile and I can take it an practice anywhere.

I'm hoping I'll learn how to read, play music, keep a tempo and hear it well enough to follow it with vocal properly.

So that's me, and my Howdy all.

Edit: I guess signatures don't show?
There's more info on my profile page.

I'm just a Singer getting started with instruments.
Using Granddad's Harmony Monterey Archtop Accustic

Reverbnation
Recording Review
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/01/2012 6:34 pm
Hey T_O_A_D,

Welcome to GT! Keep us updated on your progress.

-GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.