Hello from WI

treeder
treeder
02/26/2012 9:38 pm
Hello all, my name is Tim. I'm 45 and a product of 80's hair metal and the second British invasion. I continue to love and listen to this music but also have a new found interest in blues/jazz guitar. I'm a beginning guitarist who started my journey about a year and a half ago when my 8 yr old daughter wanted to take lessons and I said I would take them with her. I can say there is no better way to connect with a child than through the power of music. Unfortunately, she bailed on me about 8 weeks in. I continued for another two months until work consumed all my time and left me with no time to practice or even make it to the weekly lesson. I floundered with the little information I had from my instructor and a pack of dvd's bought off another site.

After speaking with a colleague, I joined GT last November. When new to a site such as this, it can be quite intimidating. I always like to look around before jumping in so it took me a while to actually sit down and play along with the lessons. I have some experience but started with the Core Learning system from the beginning. This is by far the best beginning system for learning guitar that I have seen. Lessons are easy to follow and the instructors are well versed in delivering these lessons in an easy to understand manner.

I have a tendency to skip around because the skills can't come fast enough for me and I have to remind my self daily that slow and steady wins the race and nothing comes quickly. I've been practicing almost every day for the last two weeks and it is my goal to practice every day, although I know this is almost impossible.

I can honestly say to anyone out there that I have learned more in the last two weeks from playing along with these lessons than I did for almost 4 months of live instruction. The lessons are easy to follow and the instructors do a wonderful job of explaining. This site has re-juvinated a life long fascination with the guitar and I can't wait until I am able to pick up and play like my peers. Thanks GT!!

Rock on everyone,

Tim
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
02/27/2012 5:24 am
Hi Tim, sounds like an ad for GT!

That's great to hear, thanks for posting! It's cool that your daughter inspired you to pick up guitar again. Maybe with all the new stuff she see her dad learning at GT, she'll want to start it up again?

Rock on!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.