Hi from Oz

Selestial
Selestial
01/15/2012 8:26 am
Hi all, Female guitar player, been playing 33 years now, been gigging since age of 13 here in hometown of Perth. Was looking for a guitar tab for whitesnakes' Forevermore and came across guitartricks... looks like a great learning tool site. Cant find the song Im after, but def will give this site a go. Would like to also meet other players in cyberspace and exchange ideas etc. Rock On !
# 1
Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
01/15/2012 4:04 pm
Hey there

Welcome to the GT community, Selestial ;) I hope you find what you're looking for!!

What style of guitar do you prefer, acoustic, semi-acoustic, electric or all of the above? Either way, rock on, definitely, loud & hard d(^_^)b

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 2
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/16/2012 10:48 am
Welcome to the site Selestial!

Sounds like you've got some serious musical experience already, great! :)

I lived in Perth for 6 months, beautiful city!
# 3
Selestial
Selestial
01/16/2012 11:41 am
Hey Ben, thanks for your welcome....u lived in Perth, Awesome!... Were u working here, study or even better 'on tour' ! :) Hopefully u popped into the largest Music Instrument Store in Australia 'Kosmic sound' when u were here... I work there, awesome job. I will check out your homepage... thanks again !
# 4
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/16/2012 7:56 pm
How could I have missed Kosmic Sound? I did buy a guitar at another music store near Subiaco, don't remember the name though...

I guess I'll have to go back then. The biggest music store in Australia sounds good!

By the way, I studied there one semester, at UWA. :)
# 5
Selestial
Selestial
01/17/2012 2:48 am
um... that would be Concept Music...and that's fine, I forgive u. But, we would have done u a betta deal haha ! :) A few guys from work have just jumped on a plane to NAMM. Are u going? I hope to go next year. Was in the states like 20 sumthin' years ago and got to play in Nashville! A wonderful experience! Please tell me what projects you're working on at the mo? My friend is studying at MI at the moment. He's doing Guitarist Performers Course? He is an unreal player and hungry for it. :)
# 6
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/18/2012 8:48 am
Yes, Concept Music, that's it! The guitar I bought was just a cheap beach guitar, but next time I'll go to Kosmic Sound :D

No NAMM for me this year, but it would be a lot of fun to go, that's for sure!

MI is a great place, and I'm sure your friend will develop even more. Actually, quite a few of the instructors here on the site went to MI: Anders Mouridsen, Doug Showalter, Mike Olekshy, Henrik Linde, Kenny Echizen, Joel Van Dijk, Dale Turner (MI teacher), and maybe even a few more that I don't know about!
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.