View post (why the hate for rap?)

View thread

Violaman
Violaman
01/24/2012 5:38 am
Wow nothing for days then a flood of replies! Anyway I guess I either misunderstood the people on here when they said rap they meant the crap they push these days that or no radical metal nationalists joined in, I'm glad you guys are musical moderates so to speak, you guys all have some good perspectives only thing I might disagree with is the idea of not liking a genre because of what it portrays I listen to cannibal corpse and it portrays some pretty twisted stuff which is pretty objectivly negative BUT its often used as a positive outlet for negative emotions like if I'm pretty pissed it feels nice to hear hit em up by 2pac and prevents me from being jerk if I'm angry. I guess what I'm saying is we need to consider how and why the music is used and also the sincerity of the music 2pac was a gangster that's what he rapped about the problem is that he made that the norm in rap and now its insincere because its not true so I love 2pac but hate his influence on the genre but people like KRS-ONE who rap about politics and spiritual mitt I love sadly they get no widespread success anyway you have the patience of a saint if you read all that