View post (why the hate for rap?)

View thread

SebastBerg
Full Access
SebastBerg
Full Access
01/18/2012 2:48 am
Well for me most of the rappers cant sing so they rap. Most of them cant play an instrument so they make some weird sound with there mouths. They cant dance so they hop around like frogs on acid. They cant write well so they put "ya huh hmmm yeah, alright, huh huh huh" everywhere (especially live). I'm generalising here.

Also, instead of being different by bringing new ideas and inspiration to the scene, they try to be different by putting there hats or pants in a total new way that nobody never did. I gess the 80s rock band started that with there crazy hair and the make ups and all those weird pants :p

Thinking about it, rap is like most of the music being shown in the media and played on the radio in the past 15 years. No talent musically, poor artists but very "entertaining" to watch.

I think the best word to describe all the "media bands/rappers/singers" is .... clown :D Where in a big circus of music right now. The "artist" (I shouldnt even use that word :)) that gets to be the most popular in the world, for a couple of months, is the "artist" that will do the most provocative thing.

To come back to rappers.....personally I see the rappers as the leaders of that entire bunch of clowns.

Now there are exceptions, but they dont sell as much because the radio wont play them and the cd company wont give them big contracts. Everything is marketing now.