Acoustic Guitar Player Challenge!

Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
12/23/2011 12:14 am
Hi everyone! If you've ever wanted to learn fingerpicking acoustic guitar, well, here's some motivation for you! In the interest of generating community spirit and motivation to progress, we're going to have a friendly little challenge:

This is for Full Members only, because you'll need a full membership to go through the lessons. If you're a registered user only, you'll need to sign up but hey, maybe now's the time!

The first person to upload a video of themselves playing Lisa's theme song wins! :Its Never Too Late
Just post the link here in this thread, and I'll go watch it.

Prize is a brand spankin new Planet Waves capo :

Listen, I know the prize isn't much, but its not about that. This is chance to dive in and learn something new!

Please Be Honest: This is for people who are playing acoustic and are learning fingerpicking. If you already know how to fingerpick well, or even know the song, please don't enter.

Video & Sound Quality: don't worry about the video and sound quality too much... i-phone videos are fine... all we care about is how well you play the song, not the production quality.

here are the links to

Its Never Too Late: http://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=662

The start of the fingerpicking course: http://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=596

You can always find these lessons by just clicking on the "Instructors" tab at the top of the page, and then clicking on Lisa McCormick.

Good luck guys, and have fun!
# 1
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
12/23/2011 11:18 pm
Just an update... number two actually! I've made the challenge even simpler, check it out. Here's a chance to learn something new and get a free capo out of it. I'll probably make a little video showing how to use the capo if needed.

Good luck!

Cal
# 2
adir olf
adir olf
12/26/2011 10:33 pm
okay heres a question for you...
I just barely finished this fingerpicking session around november and started learning the song but haven't "gotten up to speed" yet. So can I still participate in the contest???? Or is this just for people JUST starting.. what was your intent???

thanks
:D
Adir olf
My new "best group ever": THE YAWPERS
Rocking acoustics really hard
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cbpkAhifOvw
# 3
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
12/26/2011 10:39 pm
Hi Adir olf... the intent was just to generate interest in the fingerpicking lessons, and hopefully get people putting up videos so we could see what other members are doing... I thought it would be fun to get people sharing their versions so that we feel more like "hey, there's people our there just like me, working on this right now! Cool!"... but it seems like everyone's too skittish to "compete" with each other... so have at it.

Get er up to speed, then post a video... if you're the first one (I think you will be..) then the capo's yours!

Look forward to seeing your video!

Cal
# 4
damseldancer
damseldancer
12/27/2011 4:42 am
Well ... I'm considering it... I'm just not convinced yet I will reach the end in time. I just got to the wahbush cannonball lesson at the end of the first set of lessons, so I may not get up to speed at all! I will be reluctant to video myself if that is the case...

Love the lessons!

Sadie
# 5
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
12/27/2011 5:35 am
Yeah, I think a month would be tough if you're just starting out, that's why I changed it to the first one who posts... keep going with the lessons though... they keep getting better and better... she seems to have this knack for giving you just enough to get you to the next level, then eventually you look back, and go "wow, I've learned a lot!". If you do a video, you don't have to "go on camera"... it can be just of your hands & guitar if you're camera shy!

Cal
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.