Beginner

missy01
missy01
12/02/2011 9:50 pm
Hi
ever one i am new at playing guitar i have my first acoustic guitar and i am leanering my self can any one tell me any good sites i can go on for free lessons as i am retiered through ill helth so if you can help me i would be gratefull indeed thank you new friends
# 1
hrandersoniii
hrandersoniii
12/03/2011 1:21 pm
You've hit the best site in my opinion by far by coming here! There are some other places that you can get some other help as well. Youtube has some great folks that can show you how to get along.
I don't want to start sending people away from here by ANY means, but, you will always wind up looking anyways, right? So here are some of my top pics when you start looking up things like guitar tabs and people that are free.
Check out on Youtube:
Marty Schwartz
Mahalodotcom
BobbyCrispy
Christopher Schlegel (He's here too by the way... don't let him scare you away.. he really is a nice guy :D )
Lisa McKormic (She's here too! And if I had to have chased a woman to mary if I weren't married, shed have been the one :D )
Not all of those are lessons, but you can get a LOT of information from just watching how they play. Here are a couple places you can get some practice with learning guitar tabs and learning some riffs to songs.. I don't know what your flavor of music is, but these have tabs to help you practice at least...
http://www.freetabz.com/
Well I said a couple but for some reason my links in my bookmarks are gone fore the others ones I had up there.. I am sure some other folks will chime in as well..
BUT, if you REALLY are interested in learning to play, you will find that going through the Core Learning System here is awesome, and following up through the Fundamentals I and II are the get this, they are the EQUIVALENT of what they teach in my college! And for $15 a month, that's NOT a bad deal! You can always come back to the lessons any time of day or night and watch the stuff again if you need to.. I gotta hunt down my professor through emails and chase him around the campus if I need something from him :D
The only reason that I am taking guitar and music in college myself now is for that piece of paper that folks like to see when you go to teach their kids how to play :D
Welcome to the guitar scene! I hope you get as much enjoyment out of playing the music as all the other fine folks here have as well..
And watch out for that JD Jarrell fella... he might just get you to wanna go see him play as much as that fella does :D Bro Hug JD!!

Howard
# 2
Mike_x1x
Mike_x1x
12/04/2011 5:00 pm
Originally Posted by: missy01Hi
ever one i am new at playing guitar i have my first acoustic guitar and i am leanering my self can any one tell me any good sites i can go on for free lessons as i am retiered through ill helth so if you can help me i would be gratefull indeed thank you new friends

Hi Missy

I too am very similar to you in that I am also "retired" through ill health at the ripe age of 59!
So I took up guitar too and spent a lot of time on Youtube and all the other "free sites". TBH not all were bad by any means but, and its a big but, I found i was skipping around, no direction, no structered way of learning, and I found I was getting very disheartend. I had done the free lessons on here and read the way the lessons went so I joined on the monthy plan. (being I guess, in the same financal position as you are), the idea being I could stop if it didnt suit at any time, or the money got tight.
Well, cut a long story short, within the first month I had changed from monthly to a full year subscription as I was amazed at how much and how quickly I am progressing. I worked throuht the Core lessons and learnt so much. You can repete any lesson as many times as you wish, and they are all done in little steps, makes it so much easier to follow.
And the lessons apply to both Acoustic and Electric, so no worrys about what guitar your using.

BTW Im not being paid by GT to promote the site lol.

Seriously,Missy, joking apart the lessons are great and the Instructors and Members are so helpful if you get stuck.
I wish you well in your playing.

Mike
# 3
OpenStrum
OpenStrum
12/05/2011 1:17 am
welcome to the site! ya this site is truly the best guitar site out there for online lessons (and I've tried a lot of different online guitar lesson sites)....... youtube is really good too for learning songs and stuff but if you want a lot of techniques to help you improve, get the full access here at Guitar tricks. You won't be dissapointed.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.