Newbie In The House!

pmutrie
pmutrie
11/29/2011 9:19 pm
Hello All,

I'm a newbie to playing a six-string but have played bass for approximately 10 years on and off... Played in a band and was lucky enough to hit three stages in my 10 years of playing... Unfortunately, I had a "Not want to practice" gang for weeks at a time so I became a home bodied, self player which is really boring when you're a bass player...

Anyway, 7 years ago, I purchased a Gibson Les Paul Studio guitar and was going to learn it and pick away at it during practices, etc... Never got that far so it has never been into any hands as of yet, but it's day has come... :)

I have just ordered a Marshall 1959HW head and am going shopping for a 4x12 to make me a half stack...

I am really hoping I can find my joy in playing guitar again... At least with an electric, I feel it won't be as boring... :) Unfortunately, I just found that playing a bass without a drummer, just didn't cut it...

Wish me luck all and hopefully I figure this six string beast out and be whale'n in no time...? :)

Phil
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
12/02/2011 12:13 am
Hey Phil,

Sounds like you made the right move. Good luck to you, and let us know if you ever need help!

Best,
GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
pmutrie
pmutrie
12/02/2011 1:47 am
Thanks GT Admin... :)

Phil
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.