Cab doubts

polansky
polansky
10/26/2011 4:08 pm
OK, I'm back with big questions. I just started a cover band in wich I play drums, bass and guitar, but my previous guitar rig consisted on a 15w laney hardcore max and a couple of weeks back we just had a gig at Hard Rock Cafe and had to play straight to the mixing board thru my Pod XT Live.

I wanted a good, loud cheap amp so I stumbled on a Fender frontman 212R, wicked amp for the money, tested it and love it, but still now is out of stock, so I started looking for somewhere else to get it and found the Ibanez ToneBlaster (TBX150H-N).

OK, enought of storytelling the questions are:

Fender Combo or Ibanez Head?

I'm really considering the Ibanez head but that gets me to other questions:

Wich cab should I get?

A $300 cab can do the job? (I'm on a budget on this matter)

This is a big desicion cause gear ain't cheap or easy to find in Mexico so I wanna make a smart, documented choice before I spent $600+ bucks.

Gearheads please, help!
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 1
polansky
polansky
10/30/2011 7:39 pm
Sometime ago I use to be around here a lot, had some good friends in here, now I'm surprised that after 4 days not a single reply to my question has been posted.

It's a shame that such a cool comunity is no longer intrested in giving a helping hand. A few years ago I would have recived some feedback from caring people like aschleman, lordofthestrings, maveric777, bar cord nick, rockon91, earthman buck, hunter 60, jeffhx, ren, PRS playa... and the list goes on.

What happened in here?

Like I said earlier... a shame.

I already bought my amp, made my choice based on youtube reviews.

Wake up people, this was a pretty cool place, don't let it die.
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
10/31/2011 6:48 pm
i only started getting back on here a few weeks ago here and there... sorry i didn't see your post polansky.

most of the other guys and/or gals you mentioned have jumped over to another forum... can't remember the link, think i have it in my PM box.

hopefully everything worked out with your amp/cab choice. i too am very disappointed in this forum....
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
10/31/2011 6:51 pm
guitarforums.com is the link that PRSplaya sent to me a few years back... i hung out there for a bit then got busy with work and hadn't really posted... trying to get back into helping out some people so maybe check that forum out and you might find some old friends there.
# 4
polansky
polansky
11/01/2011 1:35 pm
Dude is great to know from you.

I'll stick arround and try to get things rolling again.

My amp turned awesome, got the fender and still have to tweak a bit my pedalboard to get the most of both but I'm pretty happy.

Later I'll post another doubt over the effects loop.

Hope to see ya around.

Again, is great to hear from you.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.