View post (is the new game Rocksmith a good way to practice guitar what do you think)

View thread

Tyrantmode
Tyrantmode
10/21/2011 2:39 pm
Ok, so three days in and I have further thoughts.

1.) This game really pushes me... just when I think I have a riff under control it's like "OH LOOK ANOTHER FIVE NOTES!!!!"... GAH!
2.) It really works against my "perfectionist" tendencies, at least right now. One thing that slows down my progression is that I tend to practice the same things over and over and over again and that doesn't really help me progress. At least in the beginning parts of the game just as I get comfortable with one song it's time to move on to the next. Certainly I'll be revisiting those older songs on harder settings later in the campaign.
3.) Turns out you can actually plug in a USB mic if you want and it works... which is pretty sweet. Haven't mucked with it yet but it's a nice little feature. Gonna dig out my old rock band mic and see if it works or not, it's in storage atm.
4.) I want to go home and play more. Since that's not an option I'm totally gonna practice during lunch with my acoustic that I store here at our data center mwahahahahaha.
5.) I found out you can set everything to expert mode in the options, so you don't have to grind through the easy parts.
6.) Not sure how well an acoustic electric works yet, I'll try it tonight and see how well it works.