Which guitar to buy?

Ronet
Ronet
10/15/2011 3:27 pm
I wanted to buy a new electric guitar, but i'm confused. I really need help to choose the right guitar which comes between 200-400 bucks. I want to buy a reputed guitar brand. Can anyone help
# 1
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
10/15/2011 4:23 pm
Well, there are several manufactures out there that come to mind.
You have Jackson, Ibanez and Kramer. My favorite inexpensive guitar that I have is my Kramer Striker. I paid like $250 for it brand new. For some reason I just LOVE this guitar. It has a nice thin neck and it just feels good.

To be honest with you, you can get on the internet, ask this question and get 100 different answers. The honest truth is, you need to get to a guitar store and start checking them out.

I know that may not be the exact answer, just trying to be honest with you. :)
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 2
cheezyridr
cheezyridr
10/16/2011 4:45 pm
if i might make a recomendation...
at the price point you are considering, you want to get the most value for your $$. for this reason i would strongly recommend buying used. kijiji, craig's list, your local classifieds, etc. from there, if it were me, i would approach it like this. for $400 or less what's the best i can expect? well, there's actually alot there. the squier classic vibe series sells in that range, used. there's the mexi fenders, too. both are great guitars and are very consistent. there are some used epiphones in that range, but those are hit or miss. some are great guitars. others....not so much. you definitely want to try before you buy.
ltd/esp makes some really cool guitars in this range if you're into the shredder thing. but here is the way i prefer. go korean. that means roxbury, dillion, indie.
these are great guitars, and you'll get the most for your money. i have an example of the first 2 and i'm saving for the last one right now.
have a look at the specs on this one
http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/roxbury_guitars/rx-80f/roxbury_rx80.html
i have one of these with a wilkinson trem on it. you won't get this much guitar for this price anywhere else, and i've looked. these guys are great to deal with, and he has 2 left.

lastly, carvin makes a kit you can assemble, and they are all on sale right now. i know a guy with one of these and it's an awesome guitar, and the kit wasn't hard to build at all. it had excellent instructions. check it out:
http://www.carvinguitars.com/kits/

good luck
# 3
haghj500
haghj500
10/24/2011 3:20 am
Go to stores and start palying guitars in your price range. At some point your left hand will feel one that just feels good. The chords will be easy to make and scales will flow as they should. By that one. Never mind who made it.

Good luck.
# 4
dougjt
dougjt
10/25/2011 5:41 pm
Originally Posted by: haghj500Go to stores and start palying guitars in your price range. At some point your left hand will feel one that just feels good. The chords will be easy to make and scales will flow as they should. By that one. Never mind who made it.

Good luck.

I concur Their is so many guitars and so many opinions. When I'm in the market for a new one I will spend hours going all over the place and playing everything I have cash to buy. You will just just find the one for you and used is a good route I picked up an 800 dollar guitar for 400 bucks that was never played it was like brand new. But I had some requirements like I knew I wanted neck thru, string thru, mahogany,thin neck and low action so it made it easier.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.