Takamine EG440C-STRY Acoustic/Electric guitar

shaniab
shaniab
08/12/2011 4:00 am
Today I'm reviewing the Takamine as said in the title.

Finish and Feel: The finish that mine came with is just absolutly gorgeous! It has flame maple top,back and sides all dyed in a deep red color. It has beautiful snow white binding around the top and back edges. It also has a Abalone rossette (the giant circle edge around the sound hole ) which is great eye candy :) Also has abalone small inlays in the neck.

The overall feel is great!!! Not to big or small for any player. The neck is just perfect, I can switch from my Jackson electric to the Takamine and not really feel any difference in the neck. The action when I got it was spot on, Course, my dad had them adjust the truss rod before he brought it home :) ( It was a birthday present, didn't think I was gonna get one of these guitars :D )

Sound: The sound left me speechless when I struck the first chord. Litteraly, my jaw was wide open for about a good minute while I played it for the first time. You just can't go wrong when you play this guitar. The sound on the guitar I bet can beat most high end Taylor and Martin guitars, it is that good.
They say most guitars are made to compliment certain things or are better at certain techniques then others. Like some guitars are better at strumming then others. When I played it the takamine is suited for any style. Finger pickin, strummin, arpeggios, chords, ANYTHING!!

Build: It is built very well, everything is built very solid and stable. Heavy and strong feel to it. It's a guitar that would probably be around for your whole lifetime it's built so well.

All and all it's one of the most awesome, awe inspiring guitars I've ever played.
Hope this review helped some people!!
# 1
wiser12345
wiser12345
06/26/2015 4:49 pm
Hey, just saying thanks (5 years later). A friend of mine has a Takamine and I love the thing. So when I found an EG440c for sale online, I went looking and came across your review which tipped the scales for me. Getting it tomorrow!

THX W
# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/26/2015 5:54 pm
Good review. Taks are great mid-range acoustics. Some of my favorites.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.