Internet shopping V High street shopping

wingman23
wingman23
07/25/2011 4:47 pm
for the past couple of days ive been looking for a new amp, so ive been cruising around the net checking them all out and quite fancied the roland cube 20xl so i though id pop into town and see if our local music shop had it..
Anyway, to cut a long story short, i bought the cube 20xl and because i actually got it from a real shop and not from the internet, Roland gave me an extra year guarantee for supporting my local high street.....(on top of the 3 years the shop gave me..) and i more or less paid the same price as i would have done if i would have got it from the net....(and of course i didnt have to wait days and days for the parcel man to come....

Made me think, is this how our local high street is going to fight back against the internet taking most of its business away...
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
07/25/2011 6:45 pm
Hi wingman23,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds like you might be onto something here.

-GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
wingman23
wingman23
07/25/2011 11:22 pm
I was actually very surprised myself that Roland are rewarding customers who shop locally rather than going on the internet. its a good thing though i think, i know our guitar music shop has been there for over 20 years, its only a small family run place and its the only one for miles, but its always empty when you go in now.
In the olden days it was always full with aspiring musician,jamming along to something, they always let you advertise your gigs and adverts for band members and so on. now though its a bit like a ghost town, and if that closes down then the next one is a trip down the motorway. its a shame really.
The Internet is a great invention but it is leaving a wake of destruction in terms of these small shops that have value who just find it hard to compete.

Support your local high street shops i say..
:-)
# 3
Bruce J
Bruce J
07/26/2011 6:13 pm
Everyone has to decide where to draw the line in terms of shopping "ethics" these days. My rule of thumb is that for anything that I want to touch, feel, play, etc. before buying, or where I rely on the personal and professional advice of local sales people, then I will always buy locally regardless of price.

If, however, I'm buying more of a commodity item and don't need/care about the above, then I'll buy at the most efficient/convenient place, often the net. If there's any question, I'd always prefer to buy locally.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.