Meeting Jim...

Marshallmk1
Marshallmk1
06/04/2011 12:37 am
Not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this but it does involve an artist so I'll give it a go...!!!

I wanted to share my memory of meeting a legend...I went to the guitar expo at Wembley in London about 8 or 9 years ago now...Went with my brother and we were walking around looking at all the cool axes...we went to the fender stand and they had an SRV Strat in a glass case...not sure if it was Stevies actual 59 but I like to think it was...!!! It sure looked like it...!!!

So anyway...we were walking around and we saw a big line of people and loads of Marshall banners...Intrigued we looked around a bit and found out that the man himself was there...Mr Jim Marshall in the flesh signing posters...!!! So I jumps straight on the end of the line...was not going to miss out on this...!!!

We got to the front of the line after walking past every current Marshall amp...good sales ploy...!!! Picked up my free poster which was Jim standing in front of a huge wall of amps...then bought a copy of his book...(Which no one else seemed to be doing)...so I got to see Jim and he signed my poster and then signed the copy of his book personally to me...It was such a buzz...!!! Being English and meeting such a legend...!!!

What really touched me though was here is a guy who was in his 80's I think even back then...he's made a fortune but he was still prepared to come out and meet the fans and sign autographs for hours on end...!!!

Unfortunately my poster went missing somewhere down the years but The book is safe and sound...:)

Strangely enough my user name on this forum is taken from my Ebay name...when I signed up for Ebay I couldn't think of a user name and I had my poster above my pc at that point...I looked up and the user name came to me...Marshall and Mk1 which is the first part of the postcode of the Marshall headquarters in the UK...!!! I've used that username ever since...

Ok...so now I've bored you all stupid I'm wondering if anyone else has stories to share about meeting musical legends...or their heroes...???
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.