View post (Musicians stealing songs. What are your thoughts?)

View thread

hrandersoniii
hrandersoniii
03/21/2011 5:29 am
That had to be the BEST defense for inspiration yet! I just read thru this line and that was an AWESOME job!
I was telling something similar to that to my wife.. about how music has been around for thousands of years...
A man from England is exploring in the Jungles of Africa... he hears a drumbeat in the jungle... He finds it appealing! His main profession back in the civilized world is a music composer... when he goes home.. he writes an award winning orchestral composition! It's a hit!
A man in the audience finds that the composition is a great inspiration for his "Folk Song" and the drum beat finds a new home with the exception that it has a change of beat to it by a single note. And it then finds a new home and new name...
BEAUTIFUL! That is pretty much what the "Inspiration" is.
BUT, as for Vanilla Hack Ice.. that crap over the "Under Pressure" was bogus. That ONE single beat should NEVER have flown!
If you find inspiration be it from an artist, God, or even wound up getting it from "the Crossroads" Devil.. you should ALWAYS acknowledge where it came from... that would ONLY be the decent thing to have done.
Let it be known now.. if I should ever wind up doing cover songs and they hit popularity (ya right)... I would like to Acknowledge Led Zepplin, Metallica, The Black Eyed Peas, Brittany Spears etc :D

Howard the "Inspired"