View post (EMG Accessories/adding pots)

View thread

brutalchefmetal
brutalchefmetal
02/14/2011 5:27 am
Had a wiring question, but first I should explain what I am working with:

Ibanez S2170FW guitar, and I swapped the pickups with three EMG's. I have an 81X in the bridge, an SA-X Single Coil in the middle, and another EMG 81X in the rhythm position. In addition, I have purchased the 18v mod, and have it running at 18v instead of 9v. I have killer, brutal tone through my Mesa Boogie, but for fun I wanted to hear the difference, and this leads me to my question:

Can I add the PA2 Booster, the EXG Guitar Expander, and the ABCX EQ all together, in the same guitar? I had the tech at my local music store do all the wiring for the previous, but before I buy all these parts I want to also know if this has been done before, and if there is anything that could go wrong with wiring all these extra accessories together.

I understand that these pots have either knobs or a switch, and the guitar only has two drilled holes for the volume and tone. This may be obvious, but would I have to drill three extra holes for the knobs, or with the EXG could I put that under the plate in the back, and only have to drill two for the PA2 and the ABCX?

Thanks for your help,
Evan