View post (Fretlight Guitars)

View thread

JackBileDuct
JackBileDuct
02/13/2011 6:18 am
Had one and got rid of it. Had several issues with it. As was mentioned, quality isn't good. Tuners were trash and it wouldn't hold tune very long although you could easily replace the tuners. It had two dead spots in the neck around the 11 and 15th frets. Aside from that, it isn't every easy to see the lights when you are playing it. If you sat it in your lap Jeff Healy style then sure no problem but looking down at it while playing it was hard to see the lights well and then to be certain which string the light was under.

One of the neat things it had was a piece of software that would basically play the tab on the guitar. They had some midi type cheesy player for some songs and you could play the song at a slower speed and have it light the notes for you. Kind of a paint by numbers thing. Learned Oye Como Va and Evil Ways with it and I will admit it I picked them up probably quicker than I do most songs. But in the long run it was a novelty and wasted money IMHO. Sent it to Musicians Friend for a store credit.