View post (U.S. Reporter Kidnapped in Pakistan Confirmed Dead)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/24/2002 12:01 am
:)... Ponyone: hmm.. intresting, that comment goes bothways (i'll get the names of the poeple and the dates), but when a 16 year old palastinain dies, it's "young man", when a 16 year old Isreali dies its "boy"... so maybe the press are being blamed unfairly here...
"So in much of the US, it's more acceptable for a Palestinian to detonate a bomb in a packed pizza shop than it is to shoot a terrorist in the head while he's trying to blow something up"
Eh? who's arming isreal? Who's funding isreal? I dont think the poeple at the top see what isreal is doing as inapproprate... not when they're selling weapons (for amounts in the 9 figures)...
you forget to mention that palastinains are killed on the streets/ in their homes/ at work... I mean, at any moment they could become "collatral damage"... they're bombed to buggery by helicopters, and siged, and have had tanks drive through their streets... and it's made to sound like the palastinains are the one holding isreal to ransom. Let's be fair here, no body starts anyting anymore, it's just constant revenge.. Each terrorist will tell you why they're doing what they are, and you'll hear abouth them having lost a loved one (or several)... So really it's this "collatral damage" (where innocent poeple are killed, and this gives birth to a terrorist) is something that really needs to be payed attention to. So isreal isn't a blame less victim, being harassed by these kids who allegedly throw petrol bomb (i've talked to a lady who was doing humanitarian work there, and i asked here about guns and molotov coktails, and she said she certainly hadn't see any with the kids),I mean there was outrage years ago when guards shot dead kids throwing stones (in northern ireland).. Why is the norm in isreal? oh, and alot of those poeple are blown up, be it by bomb planted by mossad, or helicopter gunships, or tanks etc etc... So what did these poeple do to provoke in those cases? Nothing... The incridible asymetry in the fatalaties shows this is a very unfair war, slaughter would be a more accurate term... Except one side has a powerful media, and can show clips of kids throwing stones, or some palastinain giving the camera the finger... but you dont see the Soldier who killed the 10 year old boy by standing on him, and smashing his head in with his rifle butt. do you see?
the Daniel Peal case is very important.. because it's not just acknoleging the death of someone.. it's a tool. over here they didn't play the clip, as they just want the death to be know about and acknoleged, but over there the clip is played to the carve into poeple hate for these terrorist groups, so come the time for military action it'll be justified in their mind... My point is, that all this has come about due to the death of 3500 americans, but when 428 times that is done to some forign country by the US, it's fine, cos they've been told over and over, that they're in the right... How does this work?

" but should we just kill off 2,000 people to make it equal?"
hold on, I didn't say you should, but that's what will happen if things carry on the way they are... and who said it was ever a just war? it isn't..

Zepplin: my comment wasn't a literal reference to the holoucast, but an example where simply having the force doesn't make the action right... I'm not going to get into the history of isreal because A it's dodgy B it's not a justification for what is done on either side...
"why the hell do you think israel wants to expand??? "
forgive me if i'm wrong, but wasn't isreal a hell of a lot smaller than it is? So it expanded. Isn't the westbank getting bigger every year? So it's expanding. Also what's the map on isreal' money off?
my other comment is that the power is with the isreali's, They are far more reaslitically capable of stopping... if the palastinains stop, the west bank will expand, and the blows will be heavey.. if the isreali's stop, there maybe some opportunist little bastards, but the blows will be relatively light, and the palastinain poeple are more like to jump at the chance because they have everything to gain (while the isreali poeple are already comfortable, and who wants to share their hard earned wealth anyway?)... It's quite unrealist at the moment, but that to me seems the more likely soloution (perticularly if a new liberal prime minister makes it into office).. i do think it'll go the same way as South africa in the end...