View post (Metallica!)

View thread

hunter1801
hunter1801
12/22/2010 11:30 pm
No offense, but I remember when I used to think exactly like you. I started listening to Metallica in the 6th grade. Up until High School they were my favorite band. I bought anything that had to do with them, Kirk was my idol, I learned all their songs (minus the solos) by High School, new everything about them, ect.

Once I started getting into music, understanding it more and listening to other bands, I realized that...... well.......Metallica just isn't that great. My opinions all changed in HS when my friend gave me a CD. It was the soundtrack to the "Last Action Hero" movie (amazing CD btw). One of the songs on there was by Megadeth.

Long story short, Megadeth is now my all time favorite band. Nobody in Metallica can even touch the skill of some of the people in that band. Mustaine destroys all of them, and when they had Friedman....well, there is just no competition. If you don't listen to Megadeth, do yourself a favor and get a CD. "Rust in Peace" is their best album.

Sure I can respect them and I like most of their albums. I even like some stuff AFTER the black album. Once they made S&M, that and every album after that sucked. They are definitely not the best metal/hard rock band out there. That's for sure. They can be your favorite, but it doesn't mean they are the best at what they do.