View post (The Line 6 Spider III 75, The Jackson DK2, and The Line 6 FBV Longboard)

View thread

rfwright78
Full Access
rfwright78
Full Access
07/28/2011 9:14 pm
How does the Spider IV 75 compare with a Peavey VYPYR? I currently have a Spider III 30 watt w/FBV MKII express pedal. It just has the factory presets for the four channels that I can tweak to my specifications (through various eq, fx, drive etc.). I don't particulary care for the sounds, especially the insane, and it is somewhat difficult to get a clean country sound. My local store has them both, but I had never seen a vypyr until earlier this week. I have seen mixed reviews for the vypyr's reliability, but I am interested in the 60w vypyr. How easy is it to dial in tones, presets with the 75 spider? Also, it appears that I will need to get a shortboard to "unlock" many of the spiders features....at least ones I would want to use. This is also true for the vypyr....in order to open up the 400 banks, you must get a sanpera II pedal, otherwise your stuck with 12 presets (which is probably more than enough). Thanks for your responses!