View post (The Line 6 Spider III 75, The Jackson DK2, and The Line 6 FBV Longboard)

View thread

shaniab
shaniab
12/22/2010 4:57 am
I would like to start on the Jackson first.

This is one lean mean machine of a guitar, I have played acouple "family" gigs with it and all I can say is wow. I have just a standard set of 9s on my guitar and it creates just the right kind of chug sound for my kind of playing while on metal settings, James Hetfield riffery and Kirk Hammett soloing lol. There are two Jackson Humbucker pickups on it which have such a great range of sounds. The crunch to metal sounds are strong and thick sounding and yet are not muddy sounding at all. It also handles cleans like a pro and keeps them bright and full. Its overall feel is very strong, able to take on any rocker hit we can throw at it (except smashing it on the stage floor, then maybe it'll break). It only has two control nobs, one acting as a tone AND volume nob, the other just a tone nob. This is a great guitar for any experiance level and will last for years and years and years and years.... Overall Rating: 10/10

Next Up....The Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp

This thing is a beast of an amp!!! With its 6 amp settings with two amp modles per setting it has a total of 12 amps all wrapped up in a 75 watt.
It has over 400+ presets from very famous artists, Metallica, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, and many more that I can't remember. This amp is more than capable of having a 300 person crowd and not need a cab for everyone to here it (trust me I know, i've lost half my hearing from my dad turning it up so loud.) Overall Rating.......10/10

Last but not least....The Line 6 FBV Longboard

This is such a great pedal board for anybody into playing guitar, and they don't call it longboard for nothing. It is about 7 to 8 inches longer than the Spider 3 amp!!! It has everything you need for a gig, built in volume and wah wah pedals ( wah wah pedal is excelent by the way, it can kill the Enter Sandman solo ) FX loop, Stomp box 1, 2, and 3, Amps 1 and 2, Reverb, Tremolo, Modulation, And a Tap Tempo and tuner ( hold in Tap Tempo of tuner.) plus Bank up Bank down and channels for easy sound switching. Sometimes though the wah wah will go out of sync, and the volume will also turn its self on...why??? I have no clue.
Overall Rating.....9/10