The Line 6 Spider III 75, The Jackson DK2, and The Line 6 FBV Longboard

shaniab
shaniab
12/22/2010 4:57 am
I would like to start on the Jackson first.

This is one lean mean machine of a guitar, I have played acouple "family" gigs with it and all I can say is wow. I have just a standard set of 9s on my guitar and it creates just the right kind of chug sound for my kind of playing while on metal settings, James Hetfield riffery and Kirk Hammett soloing lol. There are two Jackson Humbucker pickups on it which have such a great range of sounds. The crunch to metal sounds are strong and thick sounding and yet are not muddy sounding at all. It also handles cleans like a pro and keeps them bright and full. Its overall feel is very strong, able to take on any rocker hit we can throw at it (except smashing it on the stage floor, then maybe it'll break). It only has two control nobs, one acting as a tone AND volume nob, the other just a tone nob. This is a great guitar for any experiance level and will last for years and years and years and years.... Overall Rating: 10/10

Next Up....The Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp

This thing is a beast of an amp!!! With its 6 amp settings with two amp modles per setting it has a total of 12 amps all wrapped up in a 75 watt.
It has over 400+ presets from very famous artists, Metallica, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, and many more that I can't remember. This amp is more than capable of having a 300 person crowd and not need a cab for everyone to here it (trust me I know, i've lost half my hearing from my dad turning it up so loud.) Overall Rating.......10/10

Last but not least....The Line 6 FBV Longboard

This is such a great pedal board for anybody into playing guitar, and they don't call it longboard for nothing. It is about 7 to 8 inches longer than the Spider 3 amp!!! It has everything you need for a gig, built in volume and wah wah pedals ( wah wah pedal is excelent by the way, it can kill the Enter Sandman solo ) FX loop, Stomp box 1, 2, and 3, Amps 1 and 2, Reverb, Tremolo, Modulation, And a Tap Tempo and tuner ( hold in Tap Tempo of tuner.) plus Bank up Bank down and channels for easy sound switching. Sometimes though the wah wah will go out of sync, and the volume will also turn its self on...why??? I have no clue.
Overall Rating.....9/10
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
12/27/2010 7:41 pm
Sounds like a great combo to me!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
shaniab
shaniab
12/29/2010 8:01 pm
Originally Posted by: Neal WalterSounds like a great combo to me!

trust me it is, i've had this rig for about 3 years now and its still a great set up. ( well I just got the longboard 7 months ago, so I have had part of my set up for 3 years, lol :-) )
# 3
JonChorba
JonChorba
01/04/2011 6:28 pm
Yeah that FBV longboard is really awesome with the Line 6 amp line. It was basically essential when I had the Vetta, but now it's a bit too much for the SpiderValve I have.
Looking for Guitar Lesson in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? Check out my Guitar Lessons In Arlington website!
# 4
shaniab
shaniab
01/14/2011 5:04 pm
Originally Posted by: JonChorbaYeah that FBV longboard is really awesome with the Line 6 amp line. It was basically essential when I had the Vetta, but now it's a bit too much for the SpiderValve I have.

Yea I bet!! how is the valve by the way??? I was looking into them but never found a good review
# 5
JonChorba
JonChorba
01/20/2011 10:38 am
Originally Posted by: shaniabYea I bet!! how is the valve by the way??? I was looking into them but never found a good review

I'm very happy with it. Does it sound EXACTLY like other amps? No. But it does sound good and if you're ina cover band, youll be happy!
Looking for Guitar Lesson in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? Check out my Guitar Lessons In Arlington website!
# 6
JJ90
JJ90
02/21/2011 11:15 am
I have a Line 6 Spider IV 75, and must say I'm really impressed by the features. Especially the updates Line 6 keeps popping up, like the FX 2.0 that was released with the 2.00 firmware. I own the FBV MKII foot pedal, and it currently gives me everything I need. Must say I'm a very happy customer with Line 6 ;-)
# 7
shaniab
shaniab
04/02/2011 12:27 am
Line 6 is a great company. Everyone says its to digital for them, I can't tell the difference. I have played a Fender tube amp at the C.A house down here and compared it to the same kind of channel my Spider 3 had and I thought they both sounded alike. That was actually one of the reasons I went with spider. They had so many great amp models all in one
# 8
metal iz good
metal iz good
06/21/2011 8:35 pm
Originally Posted by: shaniab

Next Up....The Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp

This thing is a beast of an amp!!! With its 6 amp settings with two amp modles per setting it has a total of 12 amps all wrapped up in a 75 watt.
It has over 400+ presets from very famous artists, Metallica, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, and many more that I can't remember. This amp is more than capable of having a 300 person crowd and not need a cab for everyone to here it (trust me I know, i've lost half my hearing from my dad turning it up so loud.) Overall Rating.......10/10

Last but not least....The Line 6 FBV Longboard

This is such a great pedal board for anybody into playing guitar, and they don't call it longboard for nothing. It is about 7 to 8 inches longer than the Spider 3 amp!!! It has everything you need for a gig, built in volume and wah wah pedals ( wah wah pedal is excelent by the way, it can kill the Enter Sandman solo ) FX loop, Stomp box 1, 2, and 3, Amps 1 and 2, Reverb, Tremolo, Modulation, And a Tap Tempo and tuner ( hold in Tap Tempo of tuner.) plus Bank up Bank down and channels for easy sound switching. Sometimes though the wah wah will go out of sync, and the volume will also turn its self on...why??? I have no clue.
Overall Rating.....9/10

Great to hear! I just ordered my new Line 6 Spider IV 75. I saw lots of people saying it sounded digital when it was cranked. I have tried the 15 watt version, and it's so loud I figured the 75 watt wouldn't need cranking for the small Caribbean gigs I play!
# 9
Jeremiah78
Jeremiah78
07/11/2011 6:56 pm
I'm glad to hear that a lot of people are happy on the line 6 products. I got my line 6 100 wt amp for Christmas last year and with income taxes I bought the pod hd 500. I will never have to by an effects pedal ever again.I'm simply amazed that not a lot of people are buying them cause it is a big space saver on the floor no more little foot pedals all over the place. I highly recomond the line 6 product the tones are great with a Fender Starcaster guitar. I love the amp and peddle well worth the buck. :) :)
# 10
shaniab
shaniab
07/12/2011 5:24 am
Originally Posted by: Jeremiah78I'm glad to hear that a lot of people are happy on the line 6 products. I got my line 6 100 wt amp for Christmas last year and with income taxes I bought the pod hd 500. I will never have to by an effects pedal ever again.I'm simply amazed that not a lot of people are buying them cause it is a big space saver on the floor no more little foot pedals all over the place. I highly recomond the line 6 product the tones are great with a Fender Starcaster guitar. I love the amp and peddle well worth the buck. :) :)

You got the 100 Watt AND the Pod HD 500!?! LUCKY!! Best christmas present I bet huh???
# 11
rfwright78
Full Access
rfwright78
Full Access
07/28/2011 9:14 pm
How does the Spider IV 75 compare with a Peavey VYPYR? I currently have a Spider III 30 watt w/FBV MKII express pedal. It just has the factory presets for the four channels that I can tweak to my specifications (through various eq, fx, drive etc.). I don't particulary care for the sounds, especially the insane, and it is somewhat difficult to get a clean country sound. My local store has them both, but I had never seen a vypyr until earlier this week. I have seen mixed reviews for the vypyr's reliability, but I am interested in the 60w vypyr. How easy is it to dial in tones, presets with the 75 spider? Also, it appears that I will need to get a shortboard to "unlock" many of the spiders features....at least ones I would want to use. This is also true for the vypyr....in order to open up the 400 banks, you must get a sanpera II pedal, otherwise your stuck with 12 presets (which is probably more than enough). Thanks for your responses!
# 12
shaniab
shaniab
07/31/2011 5:33 am
Originally Posted by: rfwright78How does the Spider IV 75 compare with a Peavey VYPYR? I currently have a Spider III 30 watt w/FBV MKII express pedal. It just has the factory presets for the four channels that I can tweak to my specifications (through various eq, fx, drive etc.). I don't particulary care for the sounds, especially the insane, and it is somewhat difficult to get a clean country sound. My local store has them both, but I had never seen a vypyr until earlier this week. I have seen mixed reviews for the vypyr's reliability, but I am interested in the 60w vypyr. How easy is it to dial in tones, presets with the 75 spider? Also, it appears that I will need to get a shortboard to "unlock" many of the spiders features....at least ones I would want to use. This is also true for the vypyr....in order to open up the 400 banks, you must get a sanpera II pedal, otherwise your stuck with 12 presets (which is probably more than enough). Thanks for your responses!

I haven't played one yet. But what I have seen and heard, Peavey would be the best. I bought the Spider, and then someone told me about the peavey your talking about. I checked it out, and I ought to say this amp is definatly better than the spider. Now, spider is killer on its own, I've been able to get it dialed in to were it can replicate some peavey tones perfectly and get extrordinary cleans. BUT, the vypyr is definatly in a league of its own. The spider I have, can replicate 12 amps from various big name suppliers. (Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Fender, ect.) My jaw literaly dropped when I heard how many amps the Vypyr can replicate, 24!

Over course this is based off of what I like. The peavey you are talking about has a richer, warmer tone with great cleans and killer heavy tones and effects, which is what I strive for. If you like a more treble like sound that still keeps the midds and highs decent, and also has a good bass tone to get that good "chug" tone out of power chords (chug meaning Metallica heavy sounds) ...go for the Spider 75. I'd pick the Peavey though :D
# 13
rfwright78
Full Access
rfwright78
Full Access
07/31/2011 6:26 am
I picked up the vypyr 60 watt tube amp after playing the line 6 75w and the 75w vypyr. The 60 watt tube had amazing cleans as you stated. I ordered the Sanpera pedal today to really open up the possibilities of the amp. I really think the tone is better on the vypyr that I purchased, but I also like the simple approach taken by Peavey to modify effects, stompboxes, and other tools that help me dial in the tones I am searching for. I found the lcd menus on the spider 75w difficult to navigate, so that really helped me make the decision and I got my vypyr for the same price as the spider 75w.
# 14
shaniab
shaniab
08/01/2011 1:15 am
Originally Posted by: rfwright78 I found the lcd menus on the spider 75w difficult to navigate, so that really helped me make the decision and I got my vypyr for the same price as the spider 75w.

Weird how you found it difficult, maybe I thought it was easy because I'm used to running electronic things like that :D

Also are you serious about the price being the same!?! O.O Holy Crap!!! Maybe I can trade my Longboard and my Spider for that Vypyr and and Sanpera. :-)
Lol, hopefully the local C.A House will let me. *crosses fingers*
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.