View post (Brad Paisley)

View thread

sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
12/20/2010 8:59 am
Hey guenterp62,
I have every cd, and have seen Brad live many times. If you want some insight into Brad's style, just start listening to guitar pickers, lol. That's exactly what he did, and then Vince Gill had him go to Belmont school of music in Nashville.

The guitarist to listen to are Danny Gatton, Albert Lee, James Burton, Roy Nichols, and of course Brent Mason, Redd Volkaertt, and Vince Gill. These are only a few of his influences, but it will get you started. This doesn't cover the bluegrass, blues, rock, and jazz guitarist, or western swing, and even metal influences.

He was a great picker even before he went to Belmont, that just made him better. The way he applies all styles to his playing, in one solo you can hear sweeps, eartwisting bends, double stops, and all at warp speed. I play some of Brad's stuff, and have even been able to explore the G bender recently. I'm a versatile guitarist, played most everything over the years. My band even played Crazy Train at the gig last night, and we finished our show with some latino to wish all a merry Christmas. To sum it up Brad's two biggest secrets are his versatility, and his many influences.

I can tell you how he does some of it, but copyright law prohibits us from posting anything. Yet......... Let me know if I can help you with something, and I do have lessons in the style of some of his influences.

Have a merry, and a happy, and keep on picking.