View post (fav singer)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
02/12/2001 4:52 am
Well, I think its safe to say thaqt with today's music (especially the new rock bands) the emphasis is particulary on their sound, (because half the time they can't carry a note to save their lives), but still there are some good new singers today, Maynard James Keenan, Thom York, and even Scott Stapp (he really surprised me when he performed with The Doors.) With the 80's music, you guys can make fun all you wan't, but alot of those bands really had some powerful singers, and most of the time they never missed a note, today you can get away with so much, :eek:.

When it comes to my all time favorite singers I have to include Robert Plant (he has such an amazing voice that several musicians have tried to emulate but to no avail, this guy can sing at any level.) Chris Cornell, this guy sings from the heart, and with the release of his solo record he proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can do more than just scream. Paul McCartney and John Lennon, these guys are amazing musicians and their voices expressed their true emotions, everytime I put on a beatle's record even after a hard days work their overall arrangments always get to me. Others, Jim Morrison, Eric Clapton, Kurt Cobain, Don Dokken, David Coverdale, James Hetfield :mad:, the list goes on and on and on.

When it comes to female vocalists, there are so many from the past and I could go on for hours. But with the musicians of today, listen to PJ Harvey, she is amazing, and she iusn't tied down to just one style. I think ewha I love about her is that shes very impulsive. And Alanis Morrissette, shes very good...

-Joseph, :). Ohh, and OZZY OZZY OZZY...

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."