Sad day...

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
11/10/2010 7:47 pm
I just logged back on to GT after a huuuuuge hiatus and then realized that I am no longer considered a moderator.

:( x 1,000,000

Back to being with the rest of the peasants....
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 1
samata
samata
11/11/2010 7:50 am
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggman

Back to being with the rest of the peasants....

Usually, it's the peasants that do all the WORK ;)
Quickly advancing from inept to semi-ept
# 2
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
11/11/2010 4:05 pm
Forget work... The peasants know how to party! :D
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 3
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
11/11/2010 5:50 pm
peasants don't have to worry about responsibility :p
= good music is good drinking =
# 4
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
11/11/2010 9:57 pm
WB eggy!

Same thing happened to me after i was away for what might have been years. Initially, i have to admit, it did hurt a little.
However, being administrator to several other sites/communities, I can fully understand that a board like this can only be operated by active and reliable staff-members.
I absolutely feel the decision to drop inactive moderators was correct even though I would have appreciated some sort of notification before being demoted (that was probably what hurt the most after being a mod for several years).

As a side note - yes it did hurt, but I have not gone so far as to call the regular users "peasants". I'd say it is offensive (in this particular context of course) and I do not think the community deserved that. None of them is responsible for your absence and resulting loss of "knighthood".

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 5
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
11/11/2010 11:19 pm
For what it's worth, I thought he was just joking and didn't take any offense to it. :)
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 6
samata
samata
11/12/2010 1:29 am
Originally Posted by: RickBlackerFor what it's worth, I thought he was just joking and didn't take any offense to it. :)

Me too. And, I've been called worse...

Although, it might have hurt a little less if he'd used a term that's more accurate of my status....like "Plebeian" :)
# 7
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
11/12/2010 12:48 pm
samata how dare you to say we're common, we're special! ;)

now I've gotta quote Paul Young..sigh..'we're living in the love of the common people, smile's from the heart of a family man.'

I'm starting to doubt my heterosexuality singing that song.. please enter Rick Ashley!

anyhoes, there's no way I could even think of ways to be offended by that, I interpret that sentence as a metaphor, as in peasants are the majority of the crowd/group/mob or plain nutjobs that we as musicians sometimes are tihi :p
# 8
samata
samata
11/12/2010 5:18 pm
Originally Posted by: GuitarPsysamata how dare you to say we're common, we're special! ;)
[/QUOTE]
My apologies. It's okay, though. I've been called "special" before too ;)

[QUOTE=GuitarPsy]
I'm starting to doubt my heterosexuality singing that song..

Funny, I just ran into the same thing. I recently auditioned to sing for a "funk" band. And, one of the tunes I had to do was "Give it to me" by Rick James. Now, I'm not saying that Rick James is gay, but...I was debating if I should try to find some leather pants and a ruffle to wear to it! :) Thank goodness I also had to sing a Bill Withers song too! lol
# 9
TiminOhio
TiminOhio
11/13/2010 5:06 pm
I felt the same way once....real bummer.
They sent me overseas so I never bothered to write or call while I was away.
Then when I came back I learned that she had dumped me.
It hurt too as I felt she could have wrote and told me at least.
I wasn't there when she needed me.
I'll know better next time!
# 10
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
11/14/2010 11:55 pm
Originally Posted by: samataMy apologies. It's okay, though. I've been called "special" before too ;)[/quote]
lol! in what context? :p

[QUOTE=samata]Funny, I just ran into the same thing. I recently auditioned to sing for a "funk" band. And, one of the tunes I had to do was "Give it to me" by Rick James. Now, I'm not saying that Rick James is gay, but...I was debating if I should try to find some leather pants and a ruffle to wear to it! :) Thank goodness I also had to sing a Bill Withers song too! lol

hehe got a video for us? :D a friend of mine and I began singing Celine Dion's 'Tell Me' after we closed the bar when only he, his gf and myself were still there, after that we went on with Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' and 'I'm Every Woman' :D his gf told me he didn't get laid that night hihi :p

Timin, good to know you realize it now, sometimes you just do things of which you afterwards don't understand how you couldn't have foreseen the consequences..

on another 'sad day' note; I met this amazing girl at work last night, the first 'that special' in many many years, we connected real good, the two of us even went out for drinks (and dance) after work till 4AM! ..all good right? wrong, when I asked her why she had a particular brand of cigarettes she answered 'cause my boyfriend has em too'..! biggest mind**** of the year! and no I'm not one to ruin other people's relationships ;) I've gotta admit I've hit a bit of a dead end..cause no way I'm gonna let this one slip away :rolleyes:

just my 2 cents, it was annoying me all day ;)
# 11
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
11/23/2010 3:22 pm
Originally Posted by: samataMe too. And, I've been called worse...

Although, it might have hurt a little less if he'd used a term that's more accurate of my status....like "Plebeian" :)

Oops, yeah, that's actually the word I was looking for, but "peasant" came out instead!

And, as a knight, I demand to be called Sir Eggman!!!! A little respect, please!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.