Best guitar and string combinations

Jorgee
Jorgee
08/30/2010 8:08 am
I have an acoustic steel string (Tanglewood Evolution series TW28CE) and want to know what guitar strings sound the best for this and other acoustics for different genres of music, also what electric guitar and string combinations work well, I know this is a very general question, but some tips or suggestions would be cool.
thanx everyone for a great forum !
# 1
hunter1801
hunter1801
08/30/2010 5:07 pm
All I can comment on is the electric and that is all personal taste. I used to use Ernie Ball's, but now use D'Addario 10's. They seem to last a long longer.
# 2
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
08/30/2010 5:43 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter1801I used to use Ernie Ball's, but now use D'Addario 10's. They seem to last a long longer.

Wonder if keeping strings clean adds longevity to them.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 3
Jarsew
Jarsew
08/30/2010 8:27 pm
Originally Posted by: RickBlackerWonder if keeping strings clean adds longevity to them.
I remember reading a while ago that for bass strings, you can actually boil them. It gets rid of all the crud and rejuvenates the strings. I dont know how much though they are rejuvenated, probably not much. Who knows if it any works, and who knows if that little trick works for guitar strings.

Along with Hunter, I used Ernie for a while and then switched to D'Addario regular light gauge. I personally noticed a huge difference in the feel. They almost seemed more "silky" if that makes any sense. They were a lot more comfortable.

But thats the thing with strings. Its all up to the guitarist. Best thing to do is experiment, find the strings that suit you.
# 4
Bluepick1956
Bluepick1956
09/03/2010 11:25 am
Originally Posted by: JarsewI remember reading a while ago that for bass strings, you can actually boil them. It gets rid of all the crud and rejuvenates the strings. I dont know how much though they are rejuvenated, probably not much. Who knows if it any works, and who knows if that little trick works for guitar strings.

Along with Hunter, I used Ernie for a while and then switched to D'Addario regular light gauge. I personally noticed a huge difference in the feel. They almost seemed more "silky" if that makes any sense. They were a lot more comfortable.

But thats the thing with strings. Its all up to the guitarist. Best thing to do is experiment, find the strings that suit you.

I dont think it extends the life of the strings, but it can keep the bightness of the sound longer.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.