View post (The Traynor)

View thread

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
08/19/2010 12:44 am
Ok Rick, I decided to pick up Dad's old gear and see what I can do with it. Suddenly my lil 5 watt Vibro Champ ain't cutting it and I've been living on borrowed equipment. Very sad.

This stuff was purchased in '77 and I remember us in the band (I would have been an early teen I guess), well we were in such awe at this kind of gear! Some of you old timers might find it nostalgic:

This head has an EQ built in that you can bypass with a footswitch, pitch shifter, reverb & tremolo all on foot switches. You can drive the preamp for an OD effect, but it is pretty raunchy. 125 watts RMS and can work also as a preamp or power amp.

To put the dimensions in perspective, the cab is 3 feet high and 22" wide.

I'm picking it up on Friday afternoon. Wish me luck!

In the mean time, this is on order.

[Edit:] The 20 & 100 have been out for a while and the reviews are awesome. The 50 watt Jet City just came out, and is pretty much identical to the 100 except for power. I've used the 20 at practice and the other guitarist has the 100 watt head. The 20 is class A, so it's got loads of power. I would get that, but is has no effects loop or channel switching. These amps are amazing for the price.

[Edit 2:] Updated order status - new amp is now on it's way! :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.