First time on stage

Bruce J
Bruce J
10/22/2011 4:04 am
Wow, what a cool surprise to see this thread back to life since I started it over a year ago. Congrats to you guys on your first gigs. It's quite a rush, isn't it?

Since my initial post, believe it or not, I've formed a band and we've done 4 other gigs so far. In our last one we played two full hours. We've got about 35 or songs, maybe a few more so we can put some variety in the set list and still have a few left over.

I couldn't have done it without our lead vocal and guitar, who's the same guy that got me up on stage the first time. His leadership and stage experience is invaluable. We luckily also found another guy at work who played drums up through college but then dropped it when he graduated, married, kids, etc. He hadn't played in about 15 years, but it took him all of about 10 minutes before he was really back in the saddle again.

Here's a link to a video from our last show, doing one of our favorites, Pride & Joy. It's pretty dark, but you'll get the general idea. That's yours truly on the left with the Strat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5ceze_xZ7Q

We've got three more gigs coming up in the next two months, so we're excited about that.

Rock on my brothers!
# 1
Crowhue
Crowhue
10/28/2011 1:50 pm
It kind of puts everything into context about playing the guitar when you get to perform with others. I was crapping myself (and still do occasionally :) ) but its worth every bit of nerves to play guitar live in front of people.
For one of the best guitar shops in peterborough take a look at GTR Music, or try our friendly guitar forum for guitar chat, news and views.
# 2
hunter1801
hunter1801
10/28/2011 11:30 pm
Update on my stage experiences:

http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=269645#post269645
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.