Great weekend...

JeffS65
JeffS65
06/20/2010 10:46 pm
Great weekend...

Why post this in a guitar forum?

For my birthday (which is actually next Saturday), my girlfriend took me to a concert; Old Town School Jazz Guitar Night. Featuring Paulinho Garcia, Tony do Rosario and Mike Allemana. Old Town school (Link ) is a non-for-profit school that is sort of like coop in a way where it is a support for the musical art including all kinds of different guitar and instruction. Each year, three of the instructors put together a jazz guitar night.

It was phenomenal. Just some spectacular playing. Very tasty. Two artists were standard jazz ranging from mid-century cool jazz to some stuff that was a little more rippin'. However, there was a brazilian instructor that played the most fabulous nylon stringed Brazilian standard. In was just unbelievable.

Here's the sites of the performers:
Mike Allemana Site and video snippet

Paulinho Garcia and video

Tony do Rosario and video

...and all three together during a previous jazz night with an additional performer, Alfonso Ponticelli.

....oh yeah...I also got engaged this weekend.

How can ya not marry a girl that not only takes you on a jazz night but actually digs it too!

Most may not remember that I singed up here under the nick of PamJeff. I originally came to GT in 2008 because my wife was starting to learn guitar. Confused? Wife? Now engaged? Yes; reality is, my wife passed away in November of 2008.

Through all the time you long timers have known JeffS, I've been through everything you can imagine. It was always nice to come here to allow myself the distraction...and make fun of Rick once in a while...hehe.

...and now I can say that my story becomes a happy one.

Cheers and check out some of the links.
# 1
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
06/21/2010 1:09 am
Wow... how do you reply to a post like this?

I'm happy that you had a great weekend and getting engaged.. But, very sorry to hear about your wife. That is very sad.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 2
Jarsew
Jarsew
06/22/2010 12:04 am
I really enjoyed Paulinho Garcia, thats something I can get into... Thank you :)
# 3
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
06/22/2010 1:16 am
Congrats on the engagement! :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 4
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/22/2010 2:06 am
Originally Posted by: JeffS65....oh yeah...I also got engaged this weekend.

How can ya not marry a girl that not only takes you on a jazz night but actually digs it too!

That's wonderful! Congrats & best of everything to you.

I do remember the "PamJeff" username. I didn't know that was you. I am sorry for your tragedy. I am glad you are enjoying life again. I hope it lasts for a long time. :)
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.