Can we fix the Read/Unread message flags

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
06/13/2010 12:41 pm
Is there any way to fix the Unread flags? The flags go away (ie: marked "read") whether I've read them or not. It does not matter whether I've started a new session or not, it is not a matter of cache or cookies, etc. and it happens with every browser I've tried.

I lose track of a lot of discussions this way. :(

My work around is to leave the forum up and use the back button. The flags still disappear from messages, but I can still see which forums had unread messages in them. But, I have to leave the session up. If I refresh the page or link back to it by any means (bookmark or even clicking the forum tab on the top), I lose those, too.

Basically, I have to try and save the cached version as long as I can.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
06/15/2010 10:45 pm
We can't really debug/edit the forum software. But we do have in plan a project to upgrade to a newer version of this forum, and that will probably help. That plan has to come after some other upgrades, so it will be a few months. Until then, unfortunately you are doing as best as you can already.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Jarsew
Jarsew
07/01/2010 7:05 pm
Originally Posted by: Jon BroderickWe can't really debug/edit the forum software. But we do have in plan a project to upgrade to a newer version of this forum, and that will probably help. That plan has to come after some other upgrades, so it will be a few months. Until then, unfortunately you are doing as best as you can already.
I have noticed that when I am logged off and viewing the forum, I can see the posters icon picture thats next to their name. But when I am logged on, I can no longer see it. I could care less personally, I just thought it was strange.

I quoted Jon because I am assuming it'll be the same answer... that you guys cant edit the forum software. Or perhaps there is an option in my account settings that I cant find that allows me to view their photo...
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.