View post (Wattage for Garage Play?)

View thread

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
03/24/2010 9:04 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter1801Is it literally in a garage type area? Small enclosed space kind of thing?

Good question. I'm thinking yes, literally.

I don't even need that power for practicing, and I don't have any real prospects of setting up even a casual band right now. But, that is a potential part of the equation, plus I need some channel switching. If the VC amp had that, I'd probably not even be looking.

So, I was targeting the Super Champ that would hopefully not overpower practice sessions, but be enough if (or hopefully when) I might need it for some jamming. ...It would be nice to replace the Vibro Champ and not have to keep both, but I still want some good drive at lower volumes.

I think that's called having my cake and eating it too. :)

A couple of other amps I was eyeing are the Bogner Alchemist 112 (has 20/40) switching, The Egnator Rebel 30 (variable 1 - 30) and the Epi Blues Custom (has 15/30). And a bunch of others.

I' m really in "fishing mode" and open to ideas. I don't really play metal, but I like to rip on it once in a while and have lately had the urge to learn some EVH, so effects built in and channel switching would save me some pedals, but neither is absolutely required.

The SC would have fit nicely, but I need some headroom for when the bass player gets too loud. And you know they always do... :D
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.