View post (opinions please...)

View thread

Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
03/23/2010 1:33 pm
I started back up with face to face lessons. I felt like I needed that extra kick in the ass. I really do LOVE guitar tricks, but I think with my learning style the face to face helps ( in addition to what I do here on GT ) . The guy is great but he doesnt have the personality that half the instructors here have ( kudos to you guys! )

Anyway...I know there are people here who also take lessons in person and I was wondering if what I am feeling is typical? The day before my lesson I start to feel like im in 4th grade all over again and didnt practice enough ( which I know I didnt) Although many people make sure they play for 2 hours a day I have not made that time. So when it comes time for my lesson I feel really unprepared!

In my opinion I feel like I am paying the money so if we go at my speed then it just is what it is.

So all you teachers who have dealt with students....which is the correct perspective?

1....I am a paying customer so what I dont make myself learn is my own fault. For ex. If I wanted to play twinkle twinkle ( im not ) for a month at a snails pace then that is what I will do. I am paying for it after all.....as long as Im paying then what should he/they care?

or

2. I am paying for lessons this guy is trying to give me and if I cant keep up or practice the amount of time he thinks I need to devote daily then I shouldnt be taking in oerson lessons.

opinions?
thanks