View post (Looking into digital studio.)

View thread

Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/26/2010 7:17 pm
OK, first off. I am assuming you are plugging your POD directly into your computer. Correct? Assuming that, let's move forward. I would not recommend this as you really need an interface to balance out your signal to get the best sound. Also, you are listening through computers monitors and headphones. There are great computer monitors out there that can serve as studio monitors, but there are also ones that do not serve this purpose as well. I am not going to get into if yours are or not cause I am not there with you to hear them. But, I would start with getting an interface FIRST AND FOREMOST. You can buy one from M-Audio made for guitar for $150, and even cheaper used. This will help quite a bit in getting you a better signal. Also, you can run your speakers out of the interface for more control as well.

Here is a link to an M-AUDIO interface that would more than suffice what you need. Remember, it is all in how you use the tools. Great recordings are made every day by creative souls with laptops and minimal equipment. But, you NEED an interface. Check out this one.

M-Audio Interface
Douglas Showalter