View post (Controversial view on music theory?)

View thread

Jarsew
Jarsew
03/25/2010 6:10 pm
Originally Posted by: Douglas ShowalterAlso, consider the source. Who is your friend and what has he done for the musical world? This is not a backhanded question. I really want to know, and if you could include any links to where we can hear his playing and music, I would love to listen. It is very easy to become influenced by those we look up too, but we also must think about who those people are.

What has he done for the musical world? Well, in his case it doesnt really matter, thats not his goal. He writes this music for himself, almost as self medication honestly. He doesnt write this music for other people, but his method of emotional release.

As requested I have uploaded some of his stuff onto myspace, I have left the link below.

Mind you, this is his electronic music. If you guys are familiar with fruity loops, he makes all this stuff on a similar program. All the melodies are written on a virtual keyboard sort to say, so clearly you have to know your way around the piano to get anywhere with it.

If none of you are familiar with this kind of program, its nothing easy to use to create music. Its very intricate, a lot goes into it. Its very easy to make awful music if you dont know what your doing haha.

http://www.myspace.com/jghfruywit