View post (A good new thread?)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
01/23/2002 10:51 pm
yeah.. I agree with Poney one here... The Fat of the land will be remembered, Radiohead will have 2 or 3 albums (the Bends, Ok computer, and kid A just becuase it was such a surprising change yet such as good one)... The smashing pumpkins have to have one...

TO be honest I dont really agree with clapton here... I dont think that anything in the 60s or 70s is really that similar to so of the Pumkins live stuff, where it crosses the boundary between guitar rock and dark heavy techno... and to be honest I dont think a Marxist band like the Manic street preachers could really have made it... THey're got to have a defining album in there som where...
This reminds me of an excelent post by Skee1... Basically he took the history of rock back to the 50s, and basically how distortion came about and styles etc etc.. what I'm trying to say is no music is truely "new", it's simply furthering what's already there...

REM's album "up" (1997 i think) was an amazing album... God there's loads...

Sorry Clapton, you may be a guitar ledgend, but that dont mean i have to agree with what you say...:)