View post (Diary of a Sick Mind -- Effects Pedals)

View thread

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
02/01/2010 4:19 am
i have suffered for cgs for almost 13 years now. i dont have the treatment so it really goes unchecked in my case. i own 13+ guitars in various states of play. some are in peices some are mint. but i guess it will never really be cured, but then again i dont really want it to be.

as for multi effects:
me personally i dont really care for them. you can never really get just the right distortion or other effect you want. and they are overly complex when they dont need to be. and to me they seem to steal more of the natural tone then they are worth. but there are some pros for them.
if you went out and bought all the stomp boxes for one multieffects board you might spend twice as much for quality pedals. having all the boxes in one board make wiring easy and it looks nice and clean. on some effects boards you dont need to even use an amp you can jack in with headphones which is great for midnight practice.

a few of the boards i used are:
j-station by johnson amps: good board has different head and cab models plus you can jackin to a pc with it. has analog knobs that can kinda control the effects but not like a stomp box.

dod (the big one with the expression pedal i forget the name) very expensive and bulky has some great effects but no real adjustments.

zoom 505 good little pedal pretty cheap nice and small has some good effects but no really way to adjust the effects.

line 6 pod i really hated this one. for me it totally robbed the natural tone out of everything even my amp. the effects were ok but again no real way to trim them or boost them. to me the one seemed better suited for modern metal than anything else. (which is probably why i dont like multiboards)
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.