Hi Im New Here

Thescootscoot
Thescootscoot
12/14/2009 11:05 pm
Hey sup people im jacob but you will refer to me as Scooter please Im new here and need help with the guitar any tips?
# 1
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/15/2009 1:31 am
Scooter,

The key thing that I always say to all beginning students is that you have to fall in love with the process of learning. You are taking on a brand new task that at times can seem quite monolithic, but if you learn to fall in love with the process of learning; it will truly make the journey worth while. If you truly enjoy playing and learning, you will get better and you will progress; guaranteed!

Do you have any questions in particular? How long have you been playing and is there something that is currently stumping you on the guitar?
Douglas Showalter
# 2
compart1
compart1
12/15/2009 2:09 am
Hi Scooter, Welcome to GT..
What I did was look around GT's web site. Read up on the various instructor, scanned thru different tutorials. Then I skimmed thru fundementals to see what I already knew. I found several things to correct.. I,m still going back into fundementals 2 to learn a little more there and then see where I can apply them in a lesson.
I basiclly a beginner and just play for myself. I can finally play some blues scales that sound bluesy and put chord together that fit. I can also remember the names of the chords I play and see them in my sleep..
I signed up for a month to try it, and I'm still here.
There's tons of stuff here to learn and tons of help.
If you sign up for full membership, you can ask for help from an instructor who teaches your choice of genre or a certain lesson..
I have a ball just reading the forum..
Good luck and keep on pickin
Compart1
# 3
Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
12/15/2009 3:52 pm
Hey scooter. Just wanted to say welcome to GT. This is an awesome site and a smart place to start when you are new to the guitar! Lots of awesome people and a wealth of information at your fingertips!
Good luck!
# 4
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
12/15/2009 9:19 pm
Hi, Jacob... ;)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.