View post (Garage Band for the Mac)

View thread

Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
12/15/2009 3:42 pm
Thanks for the reply!
I started looking into this a while ago when I first got the mac but then started worrying about other things on it I needed to learn.

Well....so far I havent done anything yet with garage band. So I am brandy new to it. Lisa was trying to help me out a while back but then I got wrapped up in some photo work and just getting used to the layout of the mac all together. Ive had the mac for a few months now but I was getting frustrated so just used it for what I needed it for. Plus I thought I was going to have to buy a whole bunch of hardware to do what I wanted....BUT no money means no hardware!

I am specifically wanting to be able to loop some chords and rhythm so I can work on leads over it. Thats my goal.

Anything else I can do with it will be bonus! I dont have a mic or a keyboard. My main deal was just getting my guitar hooked up to it. When I was looking into it initially thought I need some type of interface to be able to get the guitar connected to the laptop and thats what stopped me. Didnt really have any extra cash to invest. So now with the genius....I am hoping they can teach me the basics so I can take advantage of the program!

Thanks!