View post (12th harmonic is off)

View thread

sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
10/11/2009 8:20 am
Hey hunter1801,
It's not very hard to do, but if you've never done it before it could be very frustrating. Even with the videos, and an explanation it can still be confusing.

It might be better the first time, if you take it to someone else to have the work done. That way if there were something else wrong other than intonation, they could let you know what the problem is.

If you do it yourself, and it's not the intonation. You will be really frustrated then, and still have to take it to someone else. You would also be wondering if you set it right or not.

The first time I would have someone else do it, so you know it's set right. Most guys will also set up your guitar in the process, and you will also be able to see where the saddles are when it's done. This can be a good point of reference, as this should be checked when you change strings. Check it with a tuner, and then you should be able to make any slight adjustment needed.

If it's as far off as you make it seem, then it will take some major adjustment the first time. I don't think you want to try it this yet, but next time you change strings make sure you check it. If it needs some adjustment then, I think you should do it.

Have a great weekend, and let us know how it goes.