Lesson Feedback

SlickString
Full Access
SlickString
Full Access
08/25/2009 3:12 pm
I've just had a totally off the wall (dumb?) idea and thought I might as well see if it could go anywhere.

The lessons here are great but what’s missing sometimes is someone saying to me “hey, with your hand position you’re always going to struggle with fast chord changes” or “you'll need to change your technique or finger position before you’ll get up to speed on scales’. Or sometimes it’d be nice to hear “you’ve got that down well enough so now’s the time to move to the next lesson” (that would save a lot of going over the same ground because you’re not sure).

This would really make the learning process a two way thing! Is someone doing this already with YouTube?

Just a thought…..
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Youtube Channel - Jim47ww[/FONT]
# 1
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/26/2009 2:16 am
Hi Slick,

Great point. I think what you are talking about is a very individual thing, however. You would need an experienced instructor to observe your technique and make those very personally targeted suggestions. Every guitar learner is going to have his or her own set of specific issues to work on.

I do this kind of work quite a lot in my one-on-one lessons, where I can clearly see the habits that are helping or hindering the player.

Maybe we at GT need to do some sort of "live" (Skype?) one-on-one option?

Best wishes, Lisa
Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 2
Greg Vinson
Greg Vinson
08/28/2009 1:53 pm
Originally Posted by: LisaMcC

Maybe we at GT need to do some sort of "live" (Skype?) one-on-one option?

This is a wonderful idea, and the technology is so cheap ($25 for a webcam, assuming you have access to a computer and an ISP), that almost any of your customers could easily do it.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.