which one should i get? (Marshall)

caponi14
caponi14
07/28/2009 11:24 pm
Hello everyone :) love the site

I have been thinking alot about which Marshall amp i should get, since im pretty much into Rock im going for Marshall. But my question is this- which Marshall amp should i get? Im aiming for the kinda Slash tone just to try it out, since im a big fan of that man. I heard an interview with him where he tells that his tone is not really that complex.. (i find that statement a little strange tho, since everyone is trying to get it, but many fails)

I heard that the Marshall JCM 800, 100 Watts lead, is really one of a kind?

Is that the one im should go for?

So which one should i get? (Im not aiming for modern rock tone at all :confused: , i prefer the 80's tone :) )
# 1
Ed Jalowiecki
Ed Jalowiecki
08/05/2009 2:46 am
Sounds like you're looking for a tube amp - I'm in the market for one myself right now as well.

The JCM 800 is a pretty renowned amp, but you'll have to decide what you're going to use it for. 100W amps are great if you're going on tour, but if you're just playing at home they can be a nuisance, b/c you have to crank the volume to get the best tone from it. You can either buy a hot plate/attenuator to cut the volume and preserve the tone, or you can go for a lower wattage amp that has more manageable volume levels.

If you're set on Marshall, they recently released a low wattage tube amp called the Haze. Your local guitar shop should have them - seem pretty decent from the demos I heard online.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.