Metallica

t-dogg
t-dogg
07/10/2009 5:01 pm
Metallica is one of my favorite bands. How many people here actually like metallica. Not just because you can play some of their songs on guitar hero. How many people actually like them.
# 1
hunter1801
hunter1801
07/10/2009 5:24 pm
Well I have a different view on them. When I first started playing guitar (5th grade), my friend told me about a band called Metallica. The first CD I bought was the black album (still not knowing who they were). I immediately liked it and Metallica became my favorite band. Anyone who knew me knew that I liked them. They were the whole reason I kept playing guitar and got into Heavy Metal.

Around Junior year of High School, another friend told me about a band called Megadeth.....long story short, they are now my favorite band. Metallica got pushed back further and further from my top band list after St. Anger. I just don't feel that they are "metal" like they used to be. I would be the guy right next to them defending them against people who would say that, but I kind of understand better now. Their songs now seem "simpler" and more Hard Rock than Heavy Metal. Their older albums are still some of my favorite, but after the Black Album, they became "different". Once I found Megadeth, I just started expanding my views on Heavy Metal and discovered that there are a lot of bands that are better (in their own ways).

So basically, I like old Metallica, not new Metallica.
# 2
t-dogg
t-dogg
07/10/2009 6:39 pm
i agree. megadeth is a pretty good band and metallica isnt that metal any more. i dont really like st.anger either. one of my favorite songs from metallica are blackened, one, enter sandman, and nothing else matters. there are a lot of good heavy metal bands out there and metallica isnt as good as they were but still, they are ok.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.