View post (I just got an unbelievable deal at guitar center for a new amp....Valveking 212)

View thread

guitarplayer196
guitarplayer196
06/18/2009 5:11 am
I just ordered one from Musiciansfriend for the price match of $425 including shipping. They originally tried to deny the price match by saying Abe's of Maine wasn't an authorized Peavy Dealer but I told them to check again since it is right on the ad.

The amp is probably more than I need(It looks pretty big and heavy) but I had been previously considering buying one of those small Blackheart tube combo amps at around $375, but for the extra couple bucks, the Valveking is so much more, and sounds like it will be pretty versatile. I have all sorts of digital effects,, and small modeling amps, but I am ready to get something simple and true tube.

Only wish it had some inputs to run an mp3 player or drum machine through it, and the ability to use headphones once in awhile but I know that's not common for Tube amps.

To the original OP, thanks for the tip on that website.
"I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if its the right one and it will probably whip the guy with 20 notes." Les Paul - 2002