"Sawblades" and "Unplug"

quickfingers
quickfingers
05/03/2009 11:41 pm
two tunes i recorded just this past week with a drummer friend of mine. stylistically they're completely different but both good for the vibe i was trying to push across.

myspace.com/thechadvandykeexperience

"sawblades" is about a woodworker and guitar player that cuts his hand off and it's supposed to be this very bi-polar attitude towards the situation. the lyrics are directed towards the guitar he owns that he decides to give away. guitar tracks are somewhat painful, as the opening ryhthm guitar was played by the previously-mentioned drummer friend because i had some tendonitis issues.

"unplug" is a rock tune about mechanization and our decreasing usefulness as individuals. it's more well-done instrument wise and vocally not as painful.

not a terribly great vocalist but these really don't show me in a good light; in an effort to get vocal tracks done in one session i usually just power through them and this is usually the result. hah. once i get a legit music recording room someday this won't be a reality.

anyways, i'd appreciate a listen from you guitar folks and toss some feedback my way.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
GuitarJunkie23
Access: Full
GuitarJunkie23
Access: Full
05/04/2009 3:02 am
I personally liked sawblades, but after listening to both, I just seem confused lol.. Not in a bad way, just how different the two are imo.

Either way, very good. Keep up the good work! :cool:
[FONT=tahoma]Jimmie Page is my Hero.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition." Timothy Leary[/FONT]
# 2
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
05/04/2009 12:13 pm
Great work! :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.