My First Music Video :)

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
02/07/2009 8:49 am
Haha.. well first of all it’s nothing flashy like you will see on TV or anything. This is just a first attempt bringing together my recordings with my music recording software and my new video camera. I can see already from this test that I would need to do a little more planning in regards to lighting, positioning of the camera and so on. However it was remarkably easier to do than I thought it would be.

Essentially I just hit record on the video camera first, then record on my music recording software and started playing. After it was all done, I uploaded the video and edited out the start and end bits so you wouldn’t see me clicking the mouse to start the recording software, then I simply had to drop in the audio. Since the audio track starts at the same time as I hit the mouse button and the sound of the mouse click was easy to hear on the video, I used that as my mark-in. It may be slightly out-of-sync by a couple of hundred milliseconds but it’s hardly noticeable in the end.

The actual music part isn’t my best take on this instrumental that I wrote myself, and about halfway I made a mistake.. but it’s good enough for this first attempt which was more about the making of the video then about the music recording. Let me know what you think and offer any suggestions that I can use to make it better… obviously I don’t have a big budget so I can’t exactly go out and buy a big green screen and lots of spotlights.. but I’m sure there are some low-budget tricks out there that could improve the quality easily.

Youtube unfortunately degraded the quality of the video a lot more than I was thinking it would as well.. but it didn't turn out too badly. The title of the track is "Walking on Water".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18YBQc9iO5o
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.