View post (Guitarist's Dumb Moves Hall of Fame - Contribute)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
01/17/2009 3:57 am
I thought It would be funny to have folks of all levels post their dumb moves. Face it, for just about any length of time, we've all done something dumb from the big to the small. I figured everyone could share. Mine:

1. Borrowed a friends main guitar as a back up for a gig and needed to actually use it. Got cocky and did the 'fling the guitar around your body' deal (as if anyone thought I was cool for doing it...) and didn't check the strap lock before to be sure the nut was tight and lo and behold, came loose. It was the butt end that came loose and I got ahold of the neck before the lock let loose. Lucky for the guitar, my foot stopped it from hitting the ground. Not so much for my smashed toes.

2. Spent a good hour fussing with my amp trying to figure out why my amp kept on getting this annoying hum. Then when I was going to look at the back and moved my OD pedal and wah off, it magically stopped. I never had the hum before and had just move the pedals to that spot just before that hour..genius.

3. Sold a '68 Les Paul Deluxe to get a Kramer Focus. It was '87 and I wanted a whammy that bad....ugh

So there's a couple of 'highlights'...Please everyone, share :)