View post (Practicing...)

View thread

oldtimehobbies
Full Access
oldtimehobbies
Full Access
01/31/2009 8:53 am
I just made a simple practice schedule using excel but it would be just as easy to make a list. Start with the things you struggle with the most. That way you make sure you are practicing those things each time you play. After that I have just been putting down each lesson I want to do. I make them for just one week. I add stuff as I go. At the end of the week I decide what I need to leave on the list and also what I want to add for the next week. This has been working great for me. I really concentrated on switching chords for a long time. Now that I can finally switch them I have started the finger picking lessons (they have been on my practice schedule for months) and I love them. I decided after the first week of playing that I needed some kind of structure. Without formal lessons it was up to me to make a plan.

My schedule has mostly short term goals but also a few long term goals also. I don't practice these but I have them on there as a reminder of what it is that I am working toward. It is easy enough to modify your schedule to you find what works best for you to get to where it is you want to be. Try it out I think you will like it,

Ed
I stay in the dog house its easier that way...